Top 10 Tips to Pass Your Driving Test
To give yourself the best chance of passing here are some tips from the RARA Driving School:
1. Use the RARA Driving School. We run driving lessons in Watford, driving lessons in Stevenage, driving lessons in Boreham Wood and more! Try the first session to see if you are comfortable with your driving instructor. We also have female driving instructors if you feel that would be a bit fit for you. You will be spending an average of 30 – 40 hours together so finding a good driving instructor will not only increase your chances of passing the first time but may also reduce the number of hours needed to reach test standard.
2. Automatic or manual driving? We offer automatic driving lessons too so we can advise if this is the best solution for you.
3. Find learning opportunities. Do everything you can when you are driving with parents or partners. Think as the driver and put yourself in their shoes. What decisions would you make at junctions or roundabouts? Speak to your driving instructors to see what they would suggest for you.
4. Get your theory test out of the way. Learn everything for apps, DVDs and more. The sooner you pass, the sooner you will have momentum.
5. Speak to your driver instructors every lesson concerning the ‘Show me, Tell me’ questions. Designed to test your practical knowledge, in the test you may be asked anything from how to check if your brake lights are working through to making sure your head restraint provides the best protection in the event of a crash. Read up on these scenarios and have an answer prepared for each.
6. Learn the Driving test routes. Ask your driver instructor to go through your test route for each lesson. Each test center is different so it makes sense to have an understanding of what areas and roads you may be expected to navigate during your test.
7. Practice, practice and practice some more. Practicing your maneuvers as often as you can with parents and partners. Do everything you can outside of your lessons.
8. Revisit your theory. Knowing your signs and your highway codes is not just for the theory test. This is crucial for your practical test and then throughout your driving career.
9. Stay calm and don’t panic. Our qualified driving instructors will go through everything with you before your test. But please stay calm and don’t let your nerves get to you.
10. Eat before your test. You need to fuel the brain and to help with concentration. Get the nutrients behind you.